One Stop Services and Programs: Care Assistance | Care Management | One Stop Support
Care Assistance Program
Our core program is our Case Assistance Program. We provide supportive counseling, education, guidance, and access to social services in English, Spanish, and French/Creole to up to 75 elderly New Yorkers every day.
Each year our Case Assistance Program helps thousands of older and impoverished Upper West Siders to:
- Apply for and obtain a variety of social service benefits and entitlement
- Resolve housing, immigration, and legal issues
- Avoid evictions and prevent unreasonable rent hikes
- Obtain rent subsidies and emergency food funds
- Demystify Medicare, Medicaid, Supplementary Security Income, and Social Security regulations
- Resolve disputes over hospital fees and other bills
- File tax returns
Without One Stop, many of our clients would have gone unaided, suffering consequent losses in both dignity and independence.